Principles of Transparency
1. Peer review process: Journal content must be clearly marked as whether peer reviewed or not. Peer review is defined as obtaining advice on individual manuscripts from reviewers expert in the field who are not part of the journal’s editorial staff. This process, as well as any policies related to the journal’s peer review procedures, shall be clearly described on the journal’s Web site.
2. Governing Body: Journals shall have editorial boards or other governing bodies whose members are recognized experts in the subject areas included within the journal’s scope. The full names and affiliations of the journal’s editors shall be provided on the journal’s Web site.
3. Editorial team/contact information: Journals shall provide the full names and affiliations of the journal’s editors on the journal’s Web site as well as contact information for the editorial office.
4. Author fees: Any fees or charges that are required for manuscript processing and/or publishing materials in the journal shall be clearly stated in a place that is easy for potential authors to find prior to submitting their manuscripts for review or explained to authors before they begin preparing their manuscript for submission.
5. Copyright: Copyright and licensing information shall be clearly described on the journal’s Web site, and licensing terms shall be indicated on all published articles, both HTML and PDFs.
6. Process for identification of and dealing with allegations of research misconduct: Publishers and editors shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, including plagiarism, citation manipulation, and data falsification/fabrication, among others. In no case shall a journal or its editors encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place. In the event that a journal’s publisher or editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct relating to a published article in their journal – the publisher or editor shall follow COPE’s guidelines (or equivalent) in dealing with allegations.
7. Ownership and management: Information about the ownership and/or management of a journal shall be clearly indicated on the journal’s Web site. Publishers shall not use organizational or journal names that would mislead potential authors and editors about the nature of the journal’s owner.
8. Web site: A journal’s Web site, including the text that it contains, shall demonstrate that care has been taken to ensure high ethical and professional standards. It must not contain misleading information, including any attempt to mimic another journal/publisher’s site.
9. Name of journal: The Journal name shall be unique and not be one that is easily confused with another journal or that might mislead potential authors and readers about the Journal’s origin or association with other journals.
10. Conflicts of interest: A journal shall have clear policies on handling potential conflicts of interest of editors, authors, and reviewers and the policies should be clearly stated.
15. Archiving: A journal’s plan for electronic backup and preservation of access to the journal content (for example, access to main articles via CLOCKSS or PubMedCentral) in the event a journal is no longer published shall be clearly indicated.
16. Direct marketing: Any direct marketing activities, including solicitation of manuscripts that are conducted on behalf of the journal, shall be appropriate, well targeted, and unobtrusive
Theresa J Morris, Business Owner of ACO Club, American Communications Online, Writer-Researcher Author-Speaker-Radio Host-Agent-Consultant-Organizer- Member BMI Broadcast Music Inc.-TJ Morris ACIR USA. Founder ACO, ACE Folklife Metaphysical Institute. Spiritual Science Ascension Center Organization, Brand Original Logo - Intuitive Life Coach on Self-Sufficiency. Agent-Consultant-Organizer- Researcher, Archivist, ACE Folklife Historian, Producer,Singer-Songwriter-TJ Morris Agency Entertainment. Mission is to assist others in self-sufficiency, unity in live, love, learn, legacy programs for health and wellness, TJ Morris Media Productions-Internet Radio-Websites - Web Master,Timely Manor Books Imprint Publishing- ACIR American Culture International Relations- ACO Alien Contact Investigative Reporters. Contact Msg. 1-270-256-6340-.http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/tjmorrisetcom/tjmorrisetradio-blog-talk-radio-feed= websites: http://theresajmorris.com, http://ancientcultures origin.com, http://cosmosexpos.com, http://ufosecretspace.com. mission strategic planning for associations, committees, projects, groups, and sharing the win-win philosophy in geopolitics for suppliers and customers on the internet and in person. Books available on Amazon by Theresa J Morris. TJ Morris ET Entertainment Tarot Reading. Universal Life Minister. CE5 Contact Specialist, former government DOD-DON. Private, Legal Investigator. Independent Contactor. Building teamwork towards purposeful goals.